Empaths are highly intelligent, intuitive, and caring people. Yet, the ability to merge with others’ experiences calls for strong boundaries. Strong boundaries, particularly emotional and energetic boundaries, can help an empath remain healthy and Self-aligned.
Empaths need boundaries because:
1. Other peoples’ feelings and experiences are not your responsibility to absorb.
2. It’s important for empaths to feel safe and grounded within their own bodies.
3. It is easy for an empath to give; make sure you give to yourself in order to maintain high energy levels.
4. If you take on others’ energy/emotions, you create added baggage for yourself to work through.
5. Being a witness to others’ experiences prevents an empath from enabling others. Enabling others is not helpful to you or the other person.