New York Therapy
Mental Health Therapy
Mental health therapy works to strengthen your thinking, feeling, and behavioral responses. Learning from your own experience is key to grow, heal, and embrace wellness. Individual therapy with Dr. Blair is exclusively available to adult New York State residents and conducted via a secure, HIPAA compliant telehealth platform.
Dr. Supriya Blair is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in New York. She holds a Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD), with a concentration in Child and Family studies, from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. She is the founder of Dr. Blair Psychology, LLC. Dr. Blair has been in private practice since 2016, and running her own telehealth practice since 2020.
Areas of Expertise
Frequently Asked Questions
What is mental health therapy?
Mental health therapy is a medical-based service that aims to strengthen and improve the connection between brain, body, and behavior. Clinically-trained psychologists understand patterns of thought/beliefs, emotional responses, and behaviors to see if they are benefitting you. In simple terms, mental health therapy could help you improve your mood, build emotional resiliency, think clearer, and draw upon a multitide of skills you will learn throughout the course of therapy.
How do telehealth therapy sessions work?
Telehealth sessions are held over a HIPAA-compliant, encrypted video conferencing platform to ensure your privacy and confidentiality. You will need a laptop/desktop with a functioning webcam and microphone. It’s required to connect over your own private wi-fi network.
How long will I be seeing you when I'm a client?
I provide short-term individual therapy services. This means I see clients every other week (biweekly) up to a full year. I have found this model to best serve my therapy clients. This is because I teach you what I know. When you practice what we talk about outside of session, you build awareness, skill, and knowledge to move forward on your own. Call it your year of therapy if you want. Regardless, my goal remains the same: helping you empower yourself.
What times are open for therapy sessions?
Individual therapy sessions are all held online between 9am and 4pm (EST), Monday through Friday. Please note that mental health therapy is only available for adult New York State residents at this time.
What is a self-pay practice?
A self-pay practice is one in which the client pays out of pocket for rendered services. This is why I have a self-pay practice:
- Privacy. The only ones who know you are in therapy is you and your healthcare provider — not you, your provider, and your insurance company, including the multiple departments that review your medical utilization, coordinate your benefits, process your claims, etc.
- No diagnosis needed. If you use health insurance, your therapist has to give you a mental health diagnosis. Health insurance companies mandate this.
- Flexibility. You and your healthcare provider collaborate on treatment length and frequency of sessions in order to serve you, the client, with transparency, integrity, and complete care.
- Energy exchange. Energy exchanges result when both parties give and receive (i.e., your provider gives care and receives payment; you give payment and receive care). This is a mutually respectful and beneficial process. Going through a separate payer disrupts this energy exchange because there is now a third party in the two-person therapy room.
- Empowerment. You get to choose which provider you want to work with, providing their scope of practice reflects your needs. You do not need to filter whom you choose based on complexities related to whether that provider has an agreed-upon contract with your specific insurance company, as well as what your specific agreed-upon contract is with your insurance company.
Reach out to us at (518) 501-0092 when self-pay is the right choice for you.
General therapy inquiries for new clients only. Schedule a session to address personal questions.
Ready to schedule your free therapy consultation?
Click the button below.